Saturday, October 19, 2019

Extent of Growth Depends on the Diversity Among the Students and Essay

Extent of Growth Depends on the Diversity Among the Students and Faculty - Essay Example I was born in Macao, and hail from a Chinese background. This has influenced my viewing of the world from a Chinese perspective. Over the time that I have spent in the United States of America, I have broadened my vision of the world through interaction with students from different cultural and economic backgrounds, and with different academic capabilities. It is this experience that I believe will stand me in good stead in my choice of a good classmate to assist me in the development of myself as a person, and my knowledge and skills. I also believe that this is not intended to be one-way traffic of me receiving only, as I am capable of giving assistance for the development of other individuals. My potential classmate would be of Indian origin. There are several reasons for this choice of mine. Indians have had a very long culture and tradition extending as long as the Chinese. This has deeply ingrained traditional, cultural and social values in Indians. Such deeply ingrained culture and tradition do not wipe off easily in new environments, and there will be ample opportunities when these will be displayed. The reason why I feel that Indian traditions and culture are important lies in the ability of Indians to cope with adversity and then emerge triumphant. India is rising as an economic power of esteem within six decades of gaining independence from the ruin of two hundred years of colonial rule. I believe I have leadership qualities, but in this changing world, I need to develop the ability to cope with change, which I believe my Indian classmate could give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment