Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Marathon Running Essay

Runners come in all shapes and sizes. I devour seen 300-pound work force and women at the start of a race and in contrast the well-defined muscles of the elite smugglers. The reasons for precedening are as various as the manoeuvreners themselves. round operate on for slant lose, psychical or physical health, competition, and charity. There are m each physical health benefits for running Human bodies burn roughly 2,000-2,500 calories a day in normal activities. racetrack 5 miles a day ass burn an additional 500 calories. If this same shape holds true, a soulfulness completing a battle of Marathon exit ready burnt close to 2,600 calories.However, how fast a individual doesnt symbolize with how much weight they may loose while running. For example, a 220-pound person running an eight-minute mile burns 150 calories, while a 120-pound person running at the same pace burns only 82. all persons body requires an excess of 3,500 calories in company to compass a pound o r a deficit of 3,500 calories in order to lose a pound. Thus, 180-pound person who runs 5 miles each day entrust lose some 5 pounds a month. However, as his or her weight goes batch, he or she will burn someer calories per mile fit to a study conducted at Vanderbilt University.According to Runners gentleman editor Hal Higgdon. Running can also have many mental benefits. Most significantly runners typically report being happier and receiveing less(prenominal) stressed than their counterparts who do not run or exercise regularly. Running actually has the ability to alter an individuals moods because hormones called endorphins are released while running. These hormones create a sense of euphoria often referred to as a runners high and can result in an improvement in the runners mood. With these endorphins being released into the runners body, running can be very addictive.A man or woman can feel exchangeable theyve been turned into Michael Jordan and anything, even running 26 miles, is possible. Running a endurance contest and the distances to train are also almost spiritual. When I run I am able to solve my companies, personal, families, and the whole introductions problems. I have come up with some of the most life altering and affirming choices in the sunrise of an 8-mile run. Running is also a great stress relievo while running I am able to focus on the road and the miles as they build. I am able to forget about the office, family, or separate concerns. There are 26. reasons why a marathon is hard. To put this distance in perspective if you were to bring forth your car at 60 mph it would take a half an hour to drive that distance. But while running the marathon there is no down snip. Youre the machine, says physical therapist Jim Wharton of New York-based Wharton Performance, which trains world-class athletes. The debate about the impediment of the marathon, doesnt center just on the physical aspects. Motivation, confidence and mental toughnes s are necessary, says Stephen Russo, director of sports psychology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical marrow Health System.Running is painful its tedious, and exhausting. After a few miles our bodies scream for us to stop and rest. When the body screams stop that is when the mind takes everywhere and you keep running. Through my experiences in running and race competitions I can say a marathon is not something that can be exposit it is something must be experienced. In a marathon the participant will be competing against hundreds and in larger races thousands of other hopefuls. In many marathons cartridge holder restrictions are placed on which the marathon will end. -8 hours after the marathon has began, barricades will be removed and the race rout will be dismantled. If a runner is unable to finish in the allotted time the race officials may take them to the finish line and will not allowed to finish.However during those 6-8 hours a runner can run, jog, or walk any distan ce they want. When Khalid Khannouchi won the London Marathon last year, he didnt do any walking He set a world record of 2 hours, 5 minutes and 38 seconds. For elite athletes like Khannouchi distance running is a way of life. Marathoners seem either to be training or getting ready for the next workout. You wake up every morning and you know what you have to do. You have long gas mileage to accumulate. Sometimes youre already tired from your last two or three workouts. You still have to wake up, have the motivation and go outside and do the training. Khannouchi said. For me running is not simply about the weight loss or the constant inquires of family, friends, and co-workers who ask, How many mile(s) did you run today? When I run I am only accountable to my trusty stopwatch and myself.The marathon is my Everest. I will be back. Standing there with hundreds of other runners in tank tops and short on a frigidness fall morning, waiting for the starter pistol. I dont run for the med al or the crowd I run for me. I run despite the 9 times out of 10 it will hurt, just now I keep going. I run for that one time that it doesnt and I am able to finish my run and look down at my stop watch and be excited about a new personal best time, if only a few seconds. I run because I know it will hurt but I keep going and I wont give into the pain. I am an athlete. I am runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment