Saturday, March 2, 2019

Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligence Essay

Many historic period ago it was quite common to label somebody with a uplifted IQ as a sentiency or as cosmosness more intelligent than others. Albert Einstein is bingle of those men who were labeled as a genius because of each(prenominal) that he had accomplished at such(prenominal) a young age. Undeniably, Einsteins smarts were extremely remarkable, but records try knocked out(p) that he was non the best student. Although Einstein scored extremely sound in aras like Math and Physics, it has been noted that in areas like linguistics, he did not excel (Albert Einstein, 2005). Does this make Einstein, any less of a genius? fit in to Howard Gardners surmise of multiple acquaintances, a soulfulnesss word of honor isnt necessarily measured in standardized testing or school grades. Gardner identifies that each individuals buncoing agency is different, so the word of honor could excel in any of the eight styles Linguistic, unisonal, Logical, Naturalistic, Visual, Ki nesthetic, Inter personal, and Intrapersonal (Kowalski & Westen, 2011). This means that mortal like Ludwig van Beethoven who may not have been as scholarly as Albert Einstein, offer still be considered a genius due to his musical comedy intelligence.The eight different intelligences described by Gardner are what he believed to be the eight strengths in which a person can learn. Gardner believed that because everyone can learn in one of these eight different styles, therefrom they could excel in any of the respective fields. A person who possesses a linguistic intelligence is described as person who uses words and intercourse effectively. A person with linguistic intelligence would have excellent auditive skills, and translates everything into words or speech. On the other hand, psyche who possesses the learning style of spatial intelligence would be nevertheless about comfortable with graphics, physical imagery, and visuals (Campbell, 1992). However, person with a prefere nce to the kinesthetic style of learning would be nearly comfortable with being hands on.They learn by doing, touching, and anything that involves physical activity, therefore their intelligence might look more like acting out, or role play. Another learning style of multiple intelligences described by Gardner is realistic. Someone who possesses a realistic style of learning is more in tune with their surroundings, and focus a lot with what nature is giving them. The naturalistic intelligence was not added to the multiple intelligences until much later. Gardners theory was introduced to naturalistic in response to the nature versus nurture debate, in which a person learns from their surroundings, or environment in which they are in (Sulaiman, Hassan, & Yi, 2011). One of the bigger learning styles in Gardners theory is that of intrapersonal and interpersonal. Intrapersonal is that in which a person learns from themselves. Someone who keeps to themselves and does not get socially in volved (Campbell, 1992). On the substitute different spectrum, is the interpersonal learning style.Like a social butterfly, interpersonal refers to someone who works well with others, enjoys works in teams, center of attention, and rightful(prenominal) like they seek attention of others, others seek their attention as well. I personally bring up with the interpersonal school of learning the best out of all of the intelligences in Gardners theory. I mostly work well when accompanied by others. I am a team player, and team leader. Others commonly seek to me for advice, and I tend to deliver my best results, when operative with others. This is the intelligence that is mostly credited with the slang term of street smarts (Sulaiman, Hassan, & Yi, 2011). Having contend sports for a big part of my life, I tend to carry my thoughts as a team. I carry the team and make sure to reckon everyone on the team. I always think of others first, and having that one on one interaction is most i mportant to me. Throughout my course, I have strand myself to be in leadership roles quite frequently, because many others who are not strengthen by the interpersonal intelligence feel as if I can lead better due to the emphasis I drop on team work, and my adequate level of communication with the entire team. In the work place I have found this quite helpful, and it has helped me wrench very successful.The two other intelligences outlined in Gardners theory are that of musical and reproducible, or mathematicsematical. Musical intelligence is referred to a person when they can relate everything to a rhythm, or sequence. Someone who possesses musical intelligence is also aware of the sounds and music space in their surroundings. Someone with musical intelligence would be aware of dichotic listening, and understand the importance of noise (Kowalski & Westen, 2011). Music is a very big part of my life, what I do, and how I do it. I can remember festering up and not being able to g o to sleep until music was playing in the background. I light upon myself being almost allergic to quite. I tend to do my best work when either I have music playing in the background, or if the TV is on. While in school, I usually found myself while studying, to be singing. I tend to associate poesy and rhythm to a lot of the new things that I learn. According to Gardner, someone who possesses a musical intelligence is sensitive to sound, and could hear music, or find the rhythm to anything, even before the words are spoken (Campbell, 1992). The travel intelligence in Gardners theory is logical intelligence, or most commonly known as mathematical intelligence (Sulaiman, Hassan, & Yi, 2011).Someone who occupies the logical intelligence are said to think abstractly. They mostly need to learn and form concepts before they can deal with details. They calculate results, enjoy working the mind in the way that really uses the prefrontal vortex more than any other intelligence. Someone w ith logical thinking is believed to be someone who takes their time to analyze all possible circumstances, and work the problem for an answer. This part of person likes puzzles and word games to stimulate the brain. I identify myself as being a logical thinker due to the fact that one of my strengths is to be uninflected. Albert Einstein was believed to belong in this intelligence field, due to his work in mathematics and physics. I find my intelligence to not be at the level of Einstein by any means, but I do relate to his earlier work being proficient in the math field over the linguistic (Albert Einstein, 2005). Since English is not my first language, growing up in the United States, going to school was very ticklish for me, but numbers became my safe haven.Having learned numbers at a very young age (according to my teachers, I knew how to add and subtract by the time I was 3) I find myself most attracted to professions in which analytical thinking is required. Having worked a s a District Investigator, it was required of me to look at paperwork and identify the fraud, or identify the theft by finding the patterns, or the number sequence. A big part of my job was to analyze transactions, and equivalence them to video images. Things are always better explained to me if broken down into patterns. Although Gardner change integrity the intelligences into eight separate categories, his theory believed that a person does not just dominate one intelligence, but rather takes a bit from all of the intelligences collectively.Just like it could be clearly identified that Albert Einstein that dominated the logical intelligence, his work shows that he might have possessed the intrapersonal intelligence as well as the spatial intelligence (Campbell, 1992). Gardner believed that the intelligence of someone could not necessarily be measured, by testing, but mainly by teachings, and learning styles. I feel as if I most identify with musical intelligence, logical intell igence, and interpersonal intelligence. My career thus far would refer that these fields have brought me much success, but in my recent career change from Criminal Justice to Psychology, I will most apt(predicate) learn to domain in the linguistic and spatial intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment